It happens. Moments where you feel stuck thinking about that next item in your to-do list. Yet, no matter how much you urge yourself to keep working, your mind just goes blank. And it can be very frustrating.
Well, we have proven that a little change in your environment or a shift in your perspective can help stimulate those creative juices to flowing freely again. So here are 10 inspiring workspaces and some tips to improve your productivity in your next projects.
1. Your view matters
Whether you’re facing a window or facing a solid wall, be mindful where you place your desk as this will affect your productivity long term. To others, positioning your desk in front of a window gives you an outdoor view that can either inspire you to work better, or distract you. To others, facing a blank wall or an accent wall, allows them to either focus, or lose their minds. 😉 It’s a different case for every individual, a preference that may change over time. Just the same, this matters a lot.
2. Surround yourself with inspiring words
Motivating yourself with positive statements will help a great deal especially when deadlines are piling up.
3. Organization is key
Organizing your work area will definitely allow your creativity to move into action again.
4. Remove the clutter
Most of the time, the clutter in your desk or workspace cause distractions. Clear out anything within your view and reach that creates that hindrance to your next design gem.
5. Step away from your desk
Take a break with a little stretch in your limbs by moving away from your desk to relax your mind. Just the same, you don’t always need to be working at your desk.You may also explore other spaces that are conducive for working, like a cafe with impressive interiors and really great cup of coffee.
6. Bring nature in
Whether putting potted plants in your office, setting a fresh bouquet of blooms on your desk or letting natural light come in, inviting mother nature in your workspace will also bring in the inspiration you need to keep going.
7. Keep it minimal
Maintaining or shifting to a minimalist workspace can inspire you to create more.
8. Use shapes, colors, patterns
Mix shapes, add pops of color or utilize favorite patterns to make a creative workspace that will certainly increase your productivity.
8. Take cue from your wall art
Regardless if it is art made by you or you simply want to hoist a gallery of your favorite masterpieces and photos, having a wall art in your office space works to your advantage.
Just looking at these lovely workspaces already makes us want to get back to our tasks and work with renewed inspiration. Hope it did the same for you too!
To summarize, here are tips to enhancing your workspace for better productivity:
- Your view matters, so consider where to position your desk.
- Surround yourself with inspiring words.
- Organization is the key, invest in shelving system, desk organizers and boxes.
- Removing the physical clutter helps remove the mental clutter.
- Step away from your desk and work elsewhere every now and then.
- Bring nature in to improve working environment.
- Keep it minimal! A clean desk (and a clean room!) works wonders.
- Use shapes, colors and patterns to improve your room’s creativity.
- Take cue from your wall art—tape mood boards on your wall, be creative!